Recipe from The Oriental Cookbook 50 color photos 5 countries recipes 109 pages 6 in. x 8 in.
Order The Oriental Cookbook and get a free pdf Chinese Cuisines Snacks and One-dish Meal today!
300g medium-size prawns
4 chicken wings
300g kang kong
Roasted ground nuts
Fried ikan bilis
1/2 dessicated coconut
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp pounded onion
1 tbsp pounded dried chili
1 tbsp pounded fresh chili
1 tbsp blachan
1 tbsp buah keras
1. Wash clean the prawns and slit the back to take out the dirt and season them.
2. Mix desiccated coconut with 1 bowl water and squeeze out the coconut milk to be used as 1st coconut. Mix the desiccated coconut with another 1 1/2 bowl water and squeeze out the coconut milk.
3. Use the 2nd coconut milk to cook the rice and 1st coconut to cook the prawns.
4. Heat the frying pan and fry the onion and sambal mixture for 6 min. until there is a rich aroma. Add the prawns and fry another 5 min on high. Set aside.
5. Rinse the frying pan and dry it. Pour cooking oil enough to fry the chicken wings for 10 mins on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
6. With the remaining oil fry the egg one at a time as purse egg. Set aside.
7. Fry the ikan bilis likewise until crispy. Next fry the copped garlic for 3 min and add the kang kong with some sambal for another 2 min.
8. Serve all the cooked food with the fragrant coconut rice.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Copyright 2002 SpecialAsianFood.com All Rights Reserved
Submit your email to my blog http://specialasianfood-orientalcookbook.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
and join as a Free Member of the Group. You can also join the below network.