from The Oriental Cookbook, 50 recipes with 50 color photos on 5 countries recipes 109 pages 6inch x 8 inch
|Tom Yam or Hot-and-Sour Soup|
500g fresh king prawns
4 cups chicken stock or water
8 oz can straw mushrooms
3 lemon grass stalks bruise
10 kaffir lime leaves
3 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tbsp chopped spring unions
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
2 red chilies chopped
1. Clean and devein the prawns. Can boil the prawn shells as stock.
2. Can use chicken or prawn stock nd add lemon grass stalks and lime leaves and simmer for 10 min until fragrant.
3. Strain the stock and return to the saucepan and reheat.
4. Add the mushrooms, prawns and cook for 5 min until the prawns turn pink.
5. Add the fish sauce, lime juice, spring onion, coriander, chili and remaining lime leaves.
6. Serve hot.with white fragrant rice.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Copyright (c)2002 SpecialAsianFood.com All Rights Resrved
Submit your email to my blog http://specialasianfood-orientalcookbook.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
and join as a Free Member of the Group. You can also join the below network.