Hainanese Chicken Rice from The Oriental Cookbook
The best comment will win a free pdf cookbook
Please leave your name and email.
|Hainanese Chicken Rice|
300 grms Thai fragrant rice
1 kilo chicken
1 tblesp chopped garlic
1 tblesp chopped ginger
2 sprigs green parsley or
2 sprigs coriander
2 tblesp brandy or Chinese Rice Wine
1 tblesp sesame oil
2 tblesp thick soy sauce
2 tblesp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 lime juice
Salt and pepper
1. Chop off the head, neck, feet, nails and bishop nose of the chicken and wash it clean inside and outside. Take out all the organs, intestines and blood.
2. Rub with salt and wash away and season with salt, light soy sauce and pepper.
3. Put half pot of water to boil. When the water boils put the whole chicken into the boiling water and add 1/2 tsp salt and few drops of sesame oil. Cover and boil for 25 min.
4. Take the whole chicken out of the pot and place on a plate.
5. Pour part of the chicken soup onto the washed rice in the rice cooker and add some water until it is one inch above the rice. Add 1/2 tsp salt and stir the rice and cover the lid and cook until soft and fluffy for an hour. The other part of the soup can be used as chicken soup.
6. Meanwhile cut the whole chicken into half and and 1 inch piece and sprinkle 1 tsp sesame oil over the chicken.
7. Place green lettuce on the plate and put the chicken meat and sprinkle with parsley leaves on top
8. Serve the chicken either hot or cold
9. To make the sauce: mince the garlic ginger green onion coriander and add the thick soya sauce sugar sliced chili and 2 lime juice
10. Serve the chicken meat, the chicken soup and minced black sweet chili sauce with white fragrant rice
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 min chicken
Cooking time: 60 min rice
Copyright 2002 SpecialAsianFood.com All Right Reserved